Today was our school’s sports day! What fun! We don’t have a very large school campus, so our school contracted with a local sports club to hold our sports day on their campus. The benefits of this: the kids get to swim in a real pool and they get to eat a catered lunch in a “restaurant”.
So, here’s what we did for sport’s day:
1. We played drip, drip, drop – like duck, duck, goose, but they got to pour water on each other’s heads!
2. We played the pants relay race – the kids had to put on a big pair of jogging pants and run with them, then take off the pants and hand them to the next player.
3. We went swimming in the big pool – which included changing 30 kids into and out of swim suites, and we only lost 1 pair of shorts and 1 tube of sunscreen! Lots of fun, and yes, I got in the pool with them!
4. We had a snack and played what letter starts with the letter ___ while we waited for our turn at the next game (the whole day ran slightly off schedule – )
5. We played rain relay race – students had a bucket with holes in it that they got to fill and hold over their heads while they ran to fill in the other bucket.
6. We played soccer – my kids all time favorite game!
7. We had lunch –
Course 1 - Moroccan salad plate (grated carrots, grated beets, potatoes, olives, cheese, fried egg plant, pasta, tuna, lettuce, eggs, etc. – delicious!)
Course 2 – Hamburgers & French Fries
Course 3 – Bananas & Chocolate Pudding
8. We gave out goodie bags and went home, a little sunburnt and exhausted!
What does sports day (or field day) look like at your school?