It’s time for the Wednesday Website suggestion!! For two years, I was the Technology Specialist at a school in Georgia. During that time, I amassed a large collection of websites that I use with my students. You can download my E-Book of Websites for the Elementary Classroom for free from Teachers Pay Teachers or Smashwords, or, you can check back here each week for the Wednesday Website suggestion.
This week’s website suggestion was suggested to me by my teammate. It’s a website she swears by because “it has everything”, called Sheppard’s Software. It really is wonderful and has interactive games for so many different topics, including language arts, science and math. However, our favorite sections of this site is the World Geography section. There are interactive games allow students to play with maps of the world, or maps of specific regions.
My students’ next unit is on the continent of Africa, and when I started searching around this site for games on Africa, I found:
- a game where students can learn the names of each country
- a game where students can learn the capitols of each country
- a game where students can learn about the rivers of Africa
- a game where students can learn about the bodies of water surrounding Africa.
- a page where students can learn about the animals of Africa
- a page with information for each country of Africa
I am so excited to use this website to build a base of knowledge on Africa and geography for my students.